Spring / Summer 2013 Makeup Trends I Love

Because it’s the start of a new year, it’s time to update our looks! Where else shall we draw inspiration than from the runway looks created by top makeup artists? In particular, I’m rounding up some of my favorite beauty trends that took center stage for Spring / Summer 2013.

Are you ready?

1. Fluoro Pink Lips

One of the more striking makeup looks for Spring / Summer 2013 was from Italian fashion brand, Missoni. Makeup artist Lucia Pieroni dubbed “cosmic couture Japanese manga girls” as the inspiration for this look. I can definitely see the inspiration translate in those wildly bright, matte, and perfect pouts!

Even more extraordinary with this look is that gorgeous shade of fluoro pink that came about after mixing four different products – MAC Lip Mix in Magenta, Orange, and White topped with MAC’s loose pigment Red Electric.

Meanwhile, the lips are complemented with glowing skin, lightly contoured and highlighted, glossy eyes, and strong brows.

A similar look was seen at Prada, but this time, with overdrawn electric red lips made even more luscious by tracing a white liner along the cupid’s bow!

2. Manga-tastic!

At Anna Sui, the manga – inspiration was taken to another level by Pat McGrath with this playful rendition of the graphic of the eyeliner. I love the idea of using one cream base color outlined by black eyeliner to create the exaggerated lines of an anime character’s eyes. The use of a bold lip with the bold eyes is also genius. It only goes to show that breaking the rules is not always a bad thing!

3. Pretty Natural in Plum

At Marni, makeup artist Tom Pecheux used shades of plum and magenta all over the face to create a subtle look that was a tribute to natural beauty. I love how everything just melds into the skin giving the illusion of being in the pink of health.

marni beauty spring 2013

4. Glossy, Orange, Lined

An unexpectedly pretty look this season is this coppery orange, heavy – lined eyes created by Pat McGrath for Louis Vuitton. Who knew that particular shade of orange on the eyes would look so nice? Perhaps it’s the generous use of black eyeliner and mascara that grounded the look together. Kudos to the great talent of the makeup artist!

louis-vuitton-beauty-spring-summer-2013-pfw12

5. Bejeweled Wings

For those looking for something a little bit more over the top, Christian Dior delivers with these stunning winged looks, studded with crystals. Guess whose brainchild this was? Pat McGrath‘s! The face, per se, was very minimal with bare cheeks, lips, and brows. All attention was drawn to the eyes, which were painted with jewel tones of red, green, blue, and purple. Crystals were painstakingly placed along the lash line, fanning out towards the temples like wings.

Which of the looks did you like most? For me, I’m most excited about sporting some flouro pink lips this year!

Let me know your thoughts by commenting below! :)

P.S. The photos above were taken from various sites online. They are in no way owned by myself. Credit goes to the original owners/uploaders of these photos.

About these ads

15 Comments

1. I liked the no 3 looks which is “Pretty Natural in Plum”

2. Cara Delevingne looks amazing by the Louis Vuitton look, love her! How are you at the moment? x

3. Definitely the Fluoro Pink Lips would be a good try…though the Bejeweled wings would probably be sensational – but all eyes will be upon you – Great If you want to grab some awe and attention!

4. I like the lipcolors best and just a few days before 2012 ended, I bought several lippies from a tiangge in Eastwood that are definitely nice. And I’m happy to know that some of the shades I chose are similar to the ones you have posted above. Yes, right on track! =)

5. That Bejeweled WIngs looks so fab!!!

6. peachkins

/  January 3, 2013

I don’t really wear lipstick so I’m more interested in that Bejeweled Wings

7. so loving the fluoro lippies dear!! i love them so much!!! and i love cara delevigne??? as well hehe she has very strong face. I always see her on FtV hahha xx

8. Looks like the makeup trends would be getting much bolder and flashier come summer and spring. Would love to see you once you post all those looks yourself.

9. I like everything especially the mangatastic eyeliner and fluoro pink lips! :D I don’t think I’ll ever try the super bold brows though. I love filling in my brows using lighter shades, and I don’t think even trends can change that! Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Mich! Wishing you and your family good health and prosperity this 2013! :)

10. The bejeweled make-up looks seem fun to do, the problem is actually wearing them in public. XD

11. In my opinion. I love the natural and the glossy orange line. But on the other hand I love the flouro pink lips, manga-static and be jeweled. perfect for photoshoot like vogue! <3

12. 2013 makeup trends