One of my close friends at work is getting married this January so before she goes and ties herself to one man for eternity, the girls and I decided to throw her a memorable bachelorette party to celebrate the end of her single life. We were all eager and raring to organize one. The only problem was we didn’t have any idea how! The role of chief party planner was sort of delegated to me and to tell you honestly, I have never been to a bridal shower before. Most of my friends were the same. Although we had a general idea from what we saw in movies, the specifics escaped us.
Thank goodness for Manila Secrets! Manila Secrets is an events planning company specializing in providing the Metro with the most exciting bachelorette and stag parties. They were first recommended to me by two of my closest friends. Isis, in particular, was all raves about them. So, I decided to check out their site and saw some really great packages and ideas, from the usual spa with the girls to a very luxe party in a yacht!
As if someone out there knew exactly what I was thinking and planning, I got an email from Did of Manila Secrets asking me if I wanted to cover one of their events on my blog. It was a stroke of luck, an answered prayer! I wrote back asking for help and there started a very good partnership.
Here are some tips from Manila Secret on how to throw a kick-ass bridal shower:
1. Start with a Theme
A theme adds character and flavor to any party. It will set the direction for the party and also offer everyone the opportunity to dress up accordingly.
Manila Secrets has several themed party packages depending on what you like and your budget.
For us, we decided on “Sexy Slumber Party” La Senza style!
I finally got the chance to wear my La Senza French maid merry widow. I was delighted because I love costume parties!
2. Find the venue that’s right for you and your budget. There are several options for venues. You can either do it at your condo (if it’s spacious enough and if you live alone), at a hotel room, a yacht, a plane – the possibilities are endless! Manila Secrets is in partnership with Victoria Court so they can do the booking for you. They also provide a hummer/limo if you want a party while riding about town and you can also rent a party yacht with them for a sail around Manila Bay.
We held our at the newly opened Luxent Hotel along Timog. Admittedly, it’s not the best place to hold a party with screaming girls as we got several calls from reception but what the heck, the view was spectacular and the room provided an intimate venue for our small gathering.
3. Prepare some party games. No, I don’t mean musical chairs unless they’re the naughty kind. Hahaha It’s time to think out of the box and think of games that will unleash everyone’s naughty side! Don’t worry about getting everything perfect though and god forbid you act like a drill seargent during the event itself! Remember, it’s supposed to be fun!
Our games included putting condoms on eggplants whilst blindfolded and carving out a banana with the mouth into the shape of a man’s manly bits. Hilarious especially when everyone’s a bit tipsy!
4. Gather only your closest friends and get them drunk! According to Did, it’s best to hold bachelorette parties with only a small number of people in attendance (15 at the maximum). Make sure you also bring together people who are more or less comfortable with each other so there are less inhibitions. Of course, don’t forget the booze since it’s one of those nights when you and most especially the bride definitely need to let loose!
Jose Cuervo was our best friend that night and I think I got way too fond of him hence the blurry photo above! )
5. HIRE A HOT STRIPPER! This is certainly a must! In my opinion and based on my limited experience, no bachelorette party is complete without one! Hanging out with the girls is fun and all but there’s nothing like a hot guy to ensure a perfect night! And yes, the guy must be HOT. Otherwise, everyone will just end up laughing! hahaha
This is why I very much recommend Manila Secrets. They’re the only events company that has a roster of Caucasian strippers on hand. My friends and I agree that this makes a difference because it makes things less awkward because it removes the niggling possibility that you might bump into your hired performer in the streets! Hahaha
We were given a portfolio to choose from and our choice was Sam! Ok, I can go on and on about how attractive he is. Actually, the day after the event, we were all a bit infatuated with him. After he went, I even drunkenly sent him a text message that said, “Thanks, Sam! ME LOVE YOU!” Imagine my horror when I saw that on my sent items the morning after! Hahaha
He came wearing a police outfit and carrying a hand cuff to everyone’s delight! We had our very own Magic Mike moment!
Rest assured that although everything was fun and naughty, the experience wasn’t perverse or disgusting. In fact, not once did any of us feel like he was crossing any of our boundaries. He was professional and for that, he comes highly recommended!
6. Last but not the least, DON’T STRESS! This, I think, was the best advise Did gave me. Don’t worry too much about making everything perfect. Just enjoy and have fun! Plus, with Manila Secrets to help you, I guarantee a stress-free event!
Ok, so if you’re a bride – to – be or a friend of a bride – to – be, contact Manila Secrets for your bachelorette party! They do stag parties as well! I promise, you won’t regret it!
You may reach them via the following:
Plus, they have a promo for models from Sunday to Thursday:
Hope you have fun guys and if you do decide to get them, I’d be happy to know about your experiences!
Most photos from Rhea Bue.